The Goal of the Youth Program
The youth program at the Hoshin Dojo is dedicated to the development of citizenship above all else. We use Motobu ha Shito-Ryu Karate and Judo as the vehicles to accomplish this goal.
Through these arts, children will learn discipline, respect, confidence, and self-defense.
The Chief Instructor at the Hoshin Dojo has taken special training and coaching courses to be better prepared to guide your child down the path of the martial arts. Mr. Wallace is trained as the following:
- Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
- Judo Local Referee (USA Judo and USJA Judo)
- Judo Coach (USA Judo and USJA Judo)
- AAU Team Coach
The the Hoshin Dojo, the safety of your child is paramount. As such, all adults who work with the children are required to complete various training requirements. These requirements include:
- Team USA, Safe Sport
- CDC Heads Up! Concussion in Youth Sports
- First Aid & Compression CPR Training
Currently, the Hoshin Dojo is accepting children ages 6-18.