A Brief History
When founded by Jigoro Kano, Judo was more than a sport. It was a comprehensive combat system that was adopted by the Japanese police force and military. Today, Judo is generally practiced in the realm of sports.
Hoshin Dojo offers classes in USJA/USA regulation Judo. However, these classes are available upon request. Instead of practicing for sport, the Hoshin Dojo heavily incorporates Judo into our Karate and Jujutsu classes.
Students who decide to join the United States Judo Association can obtain nationally recognized Judo ranks and compete in USJA sanctioned tournaments. While we do compete in tournaments, this is not our primary focus.
Downloads (Must be logged in)
Upcoming Local Tournaments
- 2018-01-27 – Sooner State Winter Games, Arcadia, OK
- 2018-02-24 – Stickley Judo Tournament VII, Arcadia, OK
- 2018-03-24 – 1st Baptist Harrah Judo Tournament, Harrah, OK
- 2018-04-07 – OK State Championships, Location TBD
- 2018-05-05 – Oil State Classic Judo Tournament, Tulsa, OK
- 2018-07-21 – 1st Baptist Harrah Judo Tournament, Harrah, OK
- 2018-09-22 – Stickley Judo Tournament VIII, Arcadia, OK
- 2018-10-06 – Rick Killion Memorial Judo Tournament, Tulsa, OK
- 2018-12-01 – Oklahoma Winter Training Judo Tournament, Tulsa, OK