A Brief History
Shito-ryu was founded in 1929 by Kenwa Mabuni. Mabuni named the style by combining the first kanji of each of his two main instructors. These influential men were Kanryo Higashionna and Anko Itosu.
Motobu-ha Shito-ryu was founded in 1959 when Kuniba Shogo succeeded his father and became the third Soke of Ryukyu Motobu-ha Karate-do. Kuniba Shogo blended Motobu-ha Karate-do with the teachings of Shito-ryu, founding Motobu-ha Shito-Ryu. Kuniba Shogo was a personal student of Kenwa Mabuni.
The Hoshin Dojo is a member of the International Seishinkai Karate Union (ISKU), Oklahoma Karate Association, and the Wild Bunch Karate Organization.
- 2018-04-28 – UMATC Matt Lebeau Memorial, Edmond, OK (OKA)
- 2018-05-19 – Shotokan Tigers Annual Tournament, Broken Arrow, OK (OKA)
- 2018-06-23 – Whirlwind Classic, Tulsa, OK (OKA)
- 2018-08-25 – Wheat State Classic, Wichita, KS (OKA)
- 2018-09-29 – Firehawk Open, Oklahoma City, OK (OKA)
- 2018-11-10 – Core Strong Heath Memorial, Oklahoma City, OK (OKA)